Description of the module Visual Arts
These are the arts that meet the eye and evoke an emotion through an expression of skill and imagination. They include the most ancient forms of creativity, such as painting and drawing, and the arts that were born thanks to the development of technology, like sculpture, printmaking, photography, and installation art. The current usage of the term “visual arts” includes the above-mentioned fine arts as well as the applied or decorative arts and crafts. Craft art is a more utilitarian form and usually has a specific function and still retains an artistic style and requires talent to create. The decorative arts include ceramics, furniture making, textiles, interior design, jewelry making, metal crafting, and woodworking.
Within this module we will focus primarily on drawing and understanding the psychology behind different elements, used in visual arts.
The Visual Arts module includes diverse topics related to art and its practical use in life.
Upon successful completion of this module, the participants are expected to be able to:
- know the basic theory of colors;
- understand the psychology of colors;
- create their own color pallete;
- know the meaning and emotions related to colors;
- know different shapes used in art;
- recognize symmetry;
- create their own mandalas;
- understand the emotions behind facial expressions;
- recreate various primary emotions;
- draw simple facial expressions.